Retweets are Great
Who doesn’t love a good Retweet? Retweets are great and we love them. You should too, and here are some reasons why.
Twitter is the fastest growing social media network on the internet. As such it is a great way to increase brand recognition, support your customers, and find new ones. Another great function of Twitter is the power of the Retweet. I’ll show you how to get retweets on twitter, the types of tweets that are most likely to get retweets, as well as how to get retweets on twitter for free!
If your tweet is seen by another twitter user and they decide to also tweet your message to their followers, this is called a Retweet. So how does this help me you might ask. Well I’m glad you asked, here are some great reasons!
Benefits of Retweets
- Your tweet will reach not only your followers, but the followers of the person that retweeted you.
- If other twitter users also retweet your tweet to their network, you may have a cascading or viral effect.
- You will gain additional brand awareness.
- You may see increased amount of twitter followers and website traffic.
- Boost your credibility when others retweet you.
At this point you might be saying, “Wow!, this is awesome!,” as you very well should be! So tell me how to get some of these great retweets you speak of. Well in fact I will, let’s go.
How to Get Retweets
- Include Links in your tweets: Preferably links to valuable content that your users will love. Tweets with useful links have up to 45% percent higher retweets.
- Ask for Retweets: Don’t be shy, just do it. In order of effectiveness you can use “Please Retweet”, “Please RT”, or just plain old, “RT”
- Quit blabbing about yourself: Tweets that exclude a reference to yourself see a 23% percent higher chance of being retweeted.
- Find the right topics to tweet about: News, Tutorials, Entertainment, Opinion, and Small Talk are all effective.
- Tweet about Twitter: Tweeting articles that mention Twitter are 295% more likely to get retweets than those that mention Facebook.
- Upload a photo to your profile: Nothing says Meh more than the dreaded default Egg profile picture.
- Use a link shortening service: Shorten those links you share with bit.ly or goo.gl to allow more space for your message.
- Use less than 140 characters: If your message is too long, others may not want to retweet it.
- Share positivity: Tweet positive quotes and motivational themes.
- Timing is Everything: Tweeting when you roll out of bed is less likely to get retweets than twitter prime time during the day.
- Show some emotion: You’re not a robot!
- Jump In: Add your thoughts to a trending topic. You will find others engage or retweet if you share views.
Well there you have it, a quick and dirty guide to getting more retweets on twitter. Now go DO IT!
Thank you for reading How To Get Retweets – If you found this post helpful, Please do share using the buttons below!