Azure has artificial intelligence and machine learning services available for anyone to use. When we’re talking about artificial intelligence, it is referring to when machines perform jobs that mimic human behavior. This is not necessarily super complex AI, it may be just simple logic that is relying on machine learning to do jobs more efficiently. Machine learning is when machines are able to get better at a given task, without explicit programming from external programmers. In addition to machine learning, there is Deep Learning which is when machines use a neural network to solve complex problems.
Azure Machine Learning
Azure Machine Learning is used to train, deploy, automate, manage, and track Machine Learning Models in the cloud. This is for data scientists that want to create machine learning operations and DevOps for machine learning in a collaborative workspace.
- Reinforcement learning
- Cost management
- Data labeling
- Autoscaling compute
- Hybrid and multicloud support
- Responsible machine learning
- Drag-and-drop machine learning
- Automated machine learning
- Enterprise-grade security
- Collaborative notebooks
- Deep integration with other Azure services
Azure Cognitive Services
The Cognitive Services resource in Azure operates via a Representational State Transfer (REST) API in combination with client side Software Development Kits to help build congnitive intelligence into software applications. Cognitive understanding is categorized into Vision, Speech, Language, Decision, and Search.
- Computer Vision
- Speaker Recognition
- Text Analytics
- Custom Vision
- Speech to Text
- Text to Speech
- Anomaly Detector Identify potential problems early on.
- Content Moderator
- QnA Maker
- Speech Translation
- Language Understanding (LUIS)
- Face API
Azure Bot Service
The Azure Bot Service provides managed bot development services to make it possible to connect bots to users in popular channels. It is purpose built as an integrated environment for all types of bot development.
- Customized For Your Brand
- Multichannel experiences
- Powered by world-class AI
- Comprehensive development experience
Some Example Applications Include:
- Web Chat – Automatically configured for you when you create a bot with the Bot Framework Service.
- Microsoft Teams – Make a bot that communicates with users through Microsoft Teams.
- Facebook – Connect a bot to both Facebook Messenger and Facebook Workplace, so that it can communicate with users on both platforms.
- Slack – Make a bot that communicates with users through Slack.
- Kik – Make a bot that communicates with users through the Kik messaging app.
- Alexa – Communicate with users through Alexa devices that support Custom Skills.
- Twilio – Make a bot that communicates with users through the Twilio cloud communication platform.
- Direct Line – Integrate a bot into a mobile app, web page, or other applications.
- WeChat – Make a bot that communicates with users using the WeChat platform.
- Webex – Make a bot that communicates with users using the Webex.
- Office 365 – Enable a bot to communicate with users via Office 365 email.
- Telegram – Make a bot that communicates with users through Telegram.