Azure DevOps Services is an umbrella term for a collection of modern application development services. These services are designed to help plan smarter, collaborate faster, and ship applications with confidence. With Azure DevOps, software developers and DevOps Experts can set up Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery pipelines, collaborate via GIT source control tracking, and find bugs early with advanced testing. Some of the key DevOps services include Azure Boards, Azure Pipelines, Azure Repos, Azure Test Plans, Azure Artifacts, and Azure DevTest Labs.
Azure DevOps is the single platform for implementing DevOps, deploying code with CI/CD pipelines, and promoting agile software development. This is Microsofts native platform which integrates several development focused services.
GitHub is the popular online repository of software that used Git for source code management and distributed version control of code in development. GitHub started as an independent service but was aquired by Microsoft which gives Microsoft the largest collection of open source software in the world.
GitHub actions helps to automate software development workflows when using GitHub for CI/CD pipelines. Any type of software project can be built, tested, released, and deployed using GitHub with a workflow process. This is the nature of Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment.
Azure DevTest Labs
Azure DevTest Labs is a great way to set up a Sandbox environment to quickly test out devlopment and test environments without racking up a large bill in an Azure subscription. The Dev/Test environments minmize waste and control costs which is important for any business.
Azure DevOps Tools List
- Azure Boards – Kanban like boards that deliver value to users for faster problem solving using agile tools to plan, track, and discuss owned issues across teams.
- Azure Pipelines – Build, test, and deploy with CI/CD that works with any language, platform, and cloud. Connect to GitHub or any other Git provider to deploy continuously.
- Azure Repos – These are cloud hosted private Git repos for collaboration to build better code using pull requests and advanced file management.
- Azure Test Plans – Test and ship production ready code with confidence using manyal and exploratory testing tools.
- Azure ArtifactsCreate, host, and share packages with your team. Add artifacts to CI/CD pipelines with one click.
- Azure DevTest Labs – Fast and easy lean dev/test environments.
Learn More About Azure DevOps Services
- Azure Devops Boards (docs.microsoft.com)
- Labs Azuredevops Agile (azuredevopslabs.com)
- How To Create A Kanban Board With Azure Devops (sites.uw.edu)
- Azure Devops Pipelines (docs.microsoft.com)
- Azure Devops Pipelines Create First Pipeline (docs.microsoft.com)
- Azure Pipelines (adamtheautomator.com)
- Azure Pipelines How To (opstrainerz.com)
- What Is Azure Devops (varonis.com)
- Introduction To Azure Devops (dotnettricks.com)
- Azure Devops Repos (docs.microsoft.com)
- Git Azure Devops (cloudskills.io)
- Azure Git Devops (dotnetcurry.com)
- Beginner Guide For Azure Artifacts (ridilabs.net)
- Azure Artifacts Overview Azure Devops (devcourseweb.com)
- Azure Devops Artifacts (flexmind.co)